Here we go again. Having acknowledged that these goals are over-ambitious, I'm going to give myself permission to be imperfect, and call it a win if I reach 80% on any given target.
Learning to stop chasing perfection is a slow and painful journey, but one that I'm finally ready to begin. And, since I'm a week early on the goals post, I get to have a "training week" in order to decide if the goals need to be adjusted.
I'll be charting my progress here, but if I share any of my writing I will link to my other blog: Stick Figure Stories. I also intend to take part in the Poetry Marathon this year, so expect to see some of those poems over on SFS once I've had the chance to polish them up a bit.
Over the next eighty(-seven) days I intend to:
- Finish the first draft of my next novel
- Estimated at another 45,000 words, aiming for an average of 1,000 words/day
- Start outlining book three
- Broad-brush world-building, character, and plot elements. Details can wait.
- Write something every day
- Preferably connected to the novels, but blog posts, poems, and even journal entries all count as writing
- Get to an average of 60 w.p.m. with the CC1
- Returning to my neglected typing studies, in an effort to save my hands from getting too wrecked.
- Keep up with language studies
- Learning Welsh (for family and local community)
- Learning Spanish (just because)
- Still experimenting with which (if any) software to use
- Get my working space organised & get rid of clutter
- Shelving units (4 sections)
- Filing cabinet
- Desk
- Miscellaneous
That'll do to start with. Let's see how it goes!
Check-in Template
- Draft progress: 36,036/80,000 words
- Outline progress: Not started
- ### words written since Mon/Thursday
- ⬜ / ✅ Wrote everyday
- CC1 average speed: 20 w.p.m.
- ⬜ / ✅ Daily language lessons
- The de-cluttering is going: Slowly
Notes:
Not much to add here, because this is only the template. But this is where the numbers above will get a bit of context. Because numbers are good for measuring things, but words are what gives the measurements meaning.
See you a week Wednesday. ^_^
Good luck with your goals for the round
ReplyDeleteall the best for this round:)
ReplyDeleteAmbitious goals indeed. As long as you have a realistic perspective on it though, you should aim as high as you are comfortable pushing
ReplyDelete